NHS login makes registration easy and secure.
NHS login ensures that your medical data is shared with you and only you. This is an NHS process and can take a little while to complete (apologies). The process can take several hours, but for most it is as quick as 30 minutes. And at the end of it, you will be able to safely and securely view your medical records, order repeat prescriptions, access our Healthcare Marketplace, and get your myGP TICKet.
Please note: Your data is verified by the NHS, nothing is stored on our servers without your explicit consent.
How it works
To sign up you’ll need to prove who you are, so that we can connect you to your NHS record and keep your health information secure.
- Set up your NHS login. You can set up your NHS login (username and password) using your email address and mobile number
- Confirm your identity (see below). If you signed up for your GP surgery’s online services, you can prove who you are using the 3 registration details you were given.
Confirm your identity
If you have not signed up for your GP surgery’s online services, you can prove who you are using 1 of the following:
- UK or European driving licence
- Passport European national identity card
You will need to send a photo of your I.D. and record a short video of your face while you say 4 numbers.
- Once connected, you will be able to book appointments, order prescriptions and view your medical records in myGP. Without NHS login, you would need to contact your practice and ask them to send you your NHS Online Credentials, which you would then need to enter manually in myGP to gain access to those features
For more information about how your data is stored securely read here.