To get started with the myGP app, you need to download it to your Android or Apple smartphone.
After you have downloaded the app, you will need to login/sign up and complete some quick questions.
- Search for your practice (GP Surgery) by name or Postcode. Alternatively you can show nearest to look through the practices in your area.
- Once you’ve found your practice, Confirm to proceed
- If your surgery supports NHS Login (most do now) then tap on the blue Register using NHS Login button
- NHS Login will open within the app. Start the process by entering your email address and tapping the confirm button. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the registration.
If your practice does not support NHS Login at the moment, then:
- Enter the mobile number you have registered with your practice
- Enter your date of birth,
- Confirm you agree with our Terms and Conditions and consent to myGP’s use of data required for our services.
If you need to use your NHS Online Credentials to use myGP, then please contact your practice and let them know you would like to register for their online services and they will need to provide you with your:
- Linkage Key or Third Party Passphrase
- Account ID
You may be asked to provide photo ID and proof of address, depending on your practice, so please make sure to bring this with you just in case.
If you already have your NHS Online Credentials to hand, enter your last name, your codes and you’re in!