You can start to access services at your own GP from your smartphone in just a few easy steps.
1. Download from the App stores
First up, search for myGP on the App Store and download it to your mobile.
- Enter your mobile number and date of birth (this must be the mobile number that you registered with at your GP surgery)
- Search for your GP surgery
- Create your PIN
NB. When registering you may be asked for your linkage key. Your surgery will be able to help you with this.
2. Book a GP appointment
Click on the ‘Book Appointment’ button
- Select whom you want to book the appointment for
- Select the appointment type from those available (nurse, GP, clinic…)
- Book a date and time convenient to you
- Once confirmed, you can automatically add the scheduled doctor’s appointment to your phone’s calendar
Healthcare Tip: Did you know that you’re able to book doctors’ appointments for all the people that you care for? It could be your children, your parents or someone whose health you look after.
3. Manage your medication
Taking regular medication? You can order repeat prescriptions directly through myGP.
- Select ‘My Prescription’
- Click on the medicine you need to order
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions
No more pointless trips to the surgery to pick up your prescription – just have it delivered to a pharmacy of your choice in one click… okay maybe two clicks!
You can also set up medication reminders via the myGP homepage to ensure you remember to take each medicine as and when you need to.
4. Track your health
If a medical practitioner or nurse wants you to keep track of your medical condition, or you simply want to do it for your own peace of mind, myGP lets you do either
From the myGP homepage you can also track your blood pressure and weight.
Recording medical data with your app keeps it safe and secure for your next appointment…No more losing that scrap of paper you jotted the figures on!
5. View your personal medical records
If your GP practice allows, you can also view your medical records using myGP.
- Head to the ‘Profile’ section of the app
- Select ‘Medical Records’
Some GP surgeries may have disabled access to all or part of your medical record. For queries relating to medical records, view our FAQs.