Sending a myGP app invite to a patient without a booked appointment
A Video Call will only be available to patient’s that have downloaded the myGP app. However, you can invite patients to download the app, even without a booked appointment in the Consult section.
To action this, please do the following:
- Log in to your myGP Connect system
- Click on Patient from the left-hand side menu
- Then click Patient List
- Find your specific patient’s via the Search field
- Once found, refer to the patient’s Video Call column
- Click on the Envelop icon
- You will see the SMS invite for downloading the app pop-up
- Click Send Invite
- The patient will then receive this text message and be able to download myGP app via the link provided
Please Note: be aware with SMS Invite’s for a patient to download the myGP, once they have downloaded the app, there can be a delay of up to 10 minutes for them to appear as a myGP user.
TOP TIP: if you decide to customise the template invite, please remember that your max character count for one text message is 160 characters. If the message exceeds this count, it will be sent as more then one text message.