Sending a direct message using Remote Consultation
With Remote Consultation, you will be able to send encrypted myGP Messages directly to the patient concerning their upcoming appointment. They must be a myGP user to receive this message.
To actions this, please do the following:
- Log on to myGP Connect
- Click on Consult from the left-hand side menu
- You will be taken to the Appointment List page
- Click on the appointment from the patient you wish to message
- Type in your message to the patient in the Compose Message box.
- Click on the blue Send button.
Your chat history will appear beneath the Compose Message box to the right in a Green Text Box.
Please Note: if a patient is a non-myGP app user, there will be no Compose Message box available on the Appointment Details page.
TOP TIP: this functionality is not intended to provide a real time messaging capability. Messages can take several minutes to arrive to a patient’s smartphone. It can take up to 4 hours for a message to be received. We are unable to guarantee that all messages will be delivered. We recommend that any time sensitive or high priority messages are delivered to the patient via a phone call.