How to opt a patient out from receiving texts
By default, all Patients with registered mobile phones will be opted in for receiving messages. If there are patients that wish to be opted out of the service, please follow these steps:
- Log-in to myGP Connect
- Select Patients from the left-hand side menu
- Then click on Patient List
- Now search your specific patient up via the Fulltext Search
- Then click on your patient’s entry
- This will bring you to their Patient Detail page
- Flick the SMS Opted Out switch
- It will switch from grey to blue
Need to opt out a lot of patients?
If your practice has a large list of patients to opt out, please action the following steps:
- Export ONLY all opted-out patient’s NHS numbers (for TPP) or Patient IDs (for Emis) into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Send Excel document to our secure email email@example.com
- Our Support Team will then opt them out for you.