How Can We Help?
If a patient is a NHS App user?
If a patient is an NHS App user, they will still be able to receive messages sent via Connect. There are just a few things to keep in mind:
- The system is now sending messages to NHS App wherever possible
- Currently, patients using the NHS App cannot reply to messages as the app is one-way. This will eventually be updated to work two-way.
- If your message contains a Trigger Word (e.g. DECLINE) it will automatically be sent as a standard message SMS message, and patients will be able to reply via text.
- A patient needs to have the NHS App installed on their device AND have notifications enabled for the app. Without notifications enabled, the message will not reach the NHS App.
- A patient will not receive iPLATO messages if notifications are switched off in NHS app, they need to be enabled for full functionality.