How to Blacklist a patient’s number
myGP Connect is a 2-way messaging service, if you need to block a patient from sending your practice messages, you can Blacklist them. To action this, do the following:
- Log in to your myGP Connect system
- Click on Settings found on the left-hand side menu
- Click on Blacklist
- Click Add New in the top right corner
- This will bring you to the Add Contact page
- Fill in the Mobile Number of the specific patient
- Fill in the reason for Blacklisting in the Reason field
- Click Add contact button
This will now save this mobile number as a Blacklist entry on the main page.
Please Note: Patients will not be notified that their messages are being blocked from being received by your practice. In order to make them aware, you can notify them.
TOP TIP: The change is not permanent, if you need to unblock the mobile number, simply delete the entry from the main page by clicking the Delete icon to the right of the entry.