How can i request my NHS Online Credentials?
You will need your NHS Online Credentials to use myGP if:
- Your practice does not support the myGP Easy Sign-In
- You would like to start ordering prescriptions*
- You would like to view your medical records*
* Where this functionality is supported by your GP’s computer system
Requesting your Online Credentials:
1. Visit your Practice with a photo ID (passport or driving license) and proof of address (such as utility bill) and tell the staff you would like to start using their online services.
The specific codes your practice needs to provide you with are:
- Account ID or Access ID
- Linkage Key or Passphrase
2. Fill in the registration form required by your Practice
Please check your GP Surgery’s website for more information on how to get your Online Credentials, as they may have a different process to the above.
Your practice may have already provided you with these Online Credentials in a letter, email or SMS. If so, then please be aware that the codes can expire if not activated soon enough with an app or website.
If you have already activated your NHS Online Credentials with a different app or website, then please got to the section below to find out how to find these codes and start using them with myGP.