What Are Cookies
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer or mobile device if you agree. The text in a cookie often consists of a string of numbers and letters that uniquely identifies your computer. Cookies help us provide you with the best user experience we can.
• Make our website work as you’d expect.
• Remember your search settings during and between visits.
• Allowing you to add comments to our site. Improve the speed/security of the site.
• Continuously improve our website for you.
• Make our marketing more efficient.
We use analytical / performance cookies, such as Google Analytics to:
• compile visitor statistics such as how many people have visited our website, what type of technology they are using (e.g. Mac or Windows which helps to identify when our site isn’t working as it should for particular technologies).
• assess how long visitors spend on the site, what pages they access etc.
• assess how people reach our site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have accessed the site before. This helps us to direct investment in developing our services for you instead of marketing expenditure.
We use social website cookies to:
• Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
How can I control cookies?
• You can disable or enable cookies by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our website. Certain features of this website depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, may be deleted and may need to be recreated manually each time you access the website.
• Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in browsers are available in each browser’s privacy or help documentation. Instructions for the most common browsers are as follows:
• Go to the Tools menu then select Internet Options
• Click on the Privacy tab
• Move the slider to the top, the display will read ‘Block all cookies’
• Click OK
• Go to the Tools menu then select Options
• Click on the Privacy icon
• Click on Cookies
• Remove the tick from ‘Allow sites to set cookies’
• Click OK
• In the top right, click the Menu.
• Click Settings Show advanced settings.
• In the “Privacy” section, click Content settings.
• Under “Cookies,” click All Cookies and site data. To delete all cookies, click Remove all.
For information about cookies see aboutcookies.org